Saturday, October 3, 2009

Quilting or Farming...

I need to get off Facebook and FarmVille and back to sewing!! Farmville is truely addicting!!!I'm at level 26, but have gotten as big as I want the farm to be.
I have a quilters mtg on Monday night that I need to get things ready for, and my DH asked me to go on a 'cruise' with the antique car up to New Hartford, CT. We really haven't taken her out in a long time, so I said, Yes... (It just means I don't get much sewing done tomorrow unless I bring hand stuff with me tomorrow. Do I even HAVE hand stuff to work on at all??!!) I really like spending time with DH... Of course, I'm gonna be thinking of all the stuff I should be doing at home...
I have only one quilt (Moose quilt2) that is necessary to put together soon. It's for a 10 yr old with lung cancer. I have most of the 12.5" blocks done. Have a few more 4-patches to put together and I guess I can put thoe blocks together by hand. I'll take a picture of it for the mtg, so they can see what it looked like on my design wall.
I also have material to cut out (I can do that in front of tv tonight) for the backing of Christmas stockings that we'll send to the troops. These are from last years.... I think I have until Oct. 15th to send them. Have to check with Fran B. I could cut out some foundation fronts and have the ladies work on them at the mtg. Maybe I'll 'pre-cut' the top cuffs... and the ribbon hooks...
I'll have to pack my car with my sewing stuff on Sunday night, but I have to make time for my favorite show.... Amazing Race!

No comments: