Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Wedding

I guess it's now time to post the event of our year. Oldest daughter, Leslie-Anne's wedding to Scott Taylor. Rather than put photos up on this post, I may put a link to a slideshow. Much easier (although I will put some special photos).
First I must say that we truely lucked out with weather! We'd had a full week of over 95 degree weather the week before she got married.
I don't think I asked her if she had the usual... "Some old, something new, something borrowed, something blue", but I told her I had a gift for her.... This garter, was my grandmother's (Florence Jones Smith Moses) who gave it to my mom when she married her son (my dad). Mom gave it to me when I married Leslie's dad, and I gave it to her. My assumption if she has no children (I think that's the plan), she'll pass it on to someone else in the family (maybe her sister).

This is the photo of her after she got her dress on... this is when I cried. I had first cried when I was watching the girls get their makeup put on (I had mine done-waterproof, good thing). She looked radient!!

He dad got to walk her down the aisle, although one of the ladies I work with asked me if her grandfather walked her down... No, he's just 10 yrs older than me, so I guess he's just getting older. (A hard life can take a toll on someone).  She was so lucky to have him around to do that. I really had hoped she'd have asked both her dad and Lee (my husband) walk her, because Lee really brought her up, but her loyalty to her dad won out. That was fine.
The ceremony was lovely. Short but lovely...I was worried about how long we'd be in the sun (I've had skin cancer already, so I was concerned), but I was assured by the JP that it would be 14 mins. including the procession in and out. Not sure I wanted one SO short, but the hand ceremony and the words spoken, were just lovely.

" I now pronouce you husband and wife..."
 Mr & Mrs. Scott Taylor! Yaaaa-whooooo!!!!
 These were those lovely centerpieces that Janice and I worked on so many hours. They looked lovely on the tables.
 And all the foods (fruits and veggies) came from the owners garden on the premises!! Rasberries, blueberries, starwberries, green beans....(Lee even said that there were free-roaming chickens up in the back. I had chicken. -I hope it wasn't 'named'! You can't eat them if you name them, isn't that the rule?)
It was wonderful to see that the whoopie pies were made so nicely. Wicked Whoopie pies in Freeport did a great job!! (Besides, who wanted to be in the hot kitchen cooking, and wrapping and such.)
 I'll share a few photos of the family...here am I, my mom (she's going great for 83yrs old), nephew Nick and him mom, my sister, Janet. She took a lot of the great (in focus) photos that I'll have in the slideshow.
This is the moment that made me break down and really cry. Leslie and her sister, Julie. They aren't really all that close (she wasn't asked to be in the wedding party, but had a special wrist corsage made for her... thank you Leslie). They actually spoke nicely with each other. They are so different in oh, so many ways, but they don't realize how alike they are in others. Love you two!

 Janet's husband, Tom, is Leslie's FAVORITE uncle!! He is such a sweetie! They are really close.
Lee and I --I don't even think I finished that drink in my hand. I don't remember having much of anything to drink (alcohol-wise). And I really missed the champaigne tower...I saw the champaigne glasses, but never saw what was pouring out of the fountain. Too bad, I heard it was good.
This groomsmen, Billy Fritz is Leslie's best friend from high school... Love him!
 Here is Scott dancing with his mom. I think this was happening when I went up to see the garden, before Lee left (he went home with his daughter Amber just about when the dancing started, as her had to be at work the next morning at 7am). I think that was my only regret. I really wanted him to stay longer and go home with my daughter Julie and her beau, Chris, but he was concerned about how late they would stay. I wish I'd insisted. Oh well, no use feeling bad about it. I think it will bother me, if I see the parents dancing in the professional photos in our albums that we're getting.
 Don't they look wonderfully in love?

And let's not forget the wild dancing put on by Steve, Scott's dad. LOL....
What a great wedding One thing to note. They never threw the bouquet, nor the garter. And they ate cake with style. Thanks, Leslie and Scott. You two are definitely classy. I expected nothing less.

To see all the photos of the wedding, click on this link.

No comments: