Friday, February 22, 2013

Cancelled appointment means more sewing!

Okay, in reality, I should be doing my taxes. ... and I will. Later. I have to prepare the itemized stuff anyway (the mileage for my doctor visits is deductible...really?).

So, since my portfolio appt is postponed for the 4th time, I'm gonna sew. I have four tops that I need to pin to batting, but two of the backs weren't big enough. I'll extend them, then roll them on pool noodles before sandwiching them. (I'll post photos of this procedure). I did get one quilt pinned, but the other three tops are just 'stuck' to the batting and folded.

I can't believe how long I've had these tops.... they are so old!!! Talk about oUFO' (OLD UnFinished Objects). Will be nice to have drawer space free again (where they lived).

Diamonds in the mud is from March 2010.


This should be a tablecloth, but I'm not sure if I want to make it into a lap quilt.


This was an experiment... (It's selvedge strips sewn onto one half of the floral square so it looks like a half square triangle.

These are only three of the four tops.

No comments: