Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Has it really been this long?

 I guess I've been so busy elsewhere,  I've left you alone. I do post on my other blogs,  PeacebyPiece Quilters, Uniquely Poured Ornaments, but, alas... I've been too busy for YOU... 

Okay, I must catch you up. Last June (10th, 2021) I should have  (planned to) retired.  When I got a call from my boss,  Carol, about coming back to work for the busy season  (most of us were laid off during the Covid-19 pandemic- starting Mar 16, 2020 thru Sept 25th-ish... then worked thru mid-Dec 2020, laid off again til her call in May 2021), my intention was to say no, that I was gonna retire on my 30th work anniversary. She asked if I'd consider coming back,  for the busy season.  I said I'd consider it for an increase in pay. They agreed (DAMN)! So I worked until they ran out of things for me to do Dec 16th, 2021. 

NOW IM OFFICIALLY RETIRED!

So... what have I been doing? Getting my vaccines (Phizer), and booster shot, and back to quilting with my PBPQ crew, but were now at St Peter's Episcopal church in South Windsor. Left St Mary's Episcopal church 3 yrs ago. Mostly because of the rector, Ann Lovejoy-Johnson and the direction they were going in. Too long a story. 

But now I'm back to quilting and researching genealogy and taking time to declutter the house. Also, doing some baking.


Decluttered the sewing room, will start doing the rest of the house, soon. Made a list of my UFOs (22) and WIPS (6). UFOS are down to 18. WIPs , well... they are WIPs.

We also got the garage frame and side door replaced.









Otherwise.... hope to pay attention to you more often. I guess I've just substituted FB for you. Sorry.

Ps... my mom died in 2018 (Alzheimers), and so did my ex-husband (colon cancer). So far, Lee and I and the kids are healthy.

No comments: