Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Historic Inauguration!!

I am SO thrilled to have Barack OBama being inaugurated this morning, but SOOOOO frantic to figure out how to watch/listen/ ANYTHING regarding the inauguration!!
My computers at work don't have speakers, but I found an old set of them at our house. I'll bring them and hook them up to one of the computers I'll be near (I work off of three and they aren't near each other...DRAT!). I also am used to taking a half hour break at 11am (don't bother taking an afternoon break), but since it starts at 10am, I'm PRAYING I don't have any meetings at 10 and can take my break early. I hear it's only going to be a 17 minute speech.
The only good thing is that my boss/friend/break partner is a HUGE political groupie, so she'll have her TV going. (Maybe I'll suggest we have break in her office). My niece Carly, is lucky enough to be at the mall in Washington DC today with her aunt and cousin, but her fiancee, Rebecca holds the 'Golden ticket' which she won at a lottery that she entered for the exclusive places.... (she has a dream....) Take great pictures, Rebecca!!
Addendum for this posting.... We got to watch the inauguration at work...!! Yaaa HOO! The TV was on (Not great reception, but it's better than nothing) and anyone could check out what was going on all day long at their leisure (as long as we managed to take care of some work in the process, that's me in the grey hair)

and most all work stopped completely from 11:15am - 12:45pm... I took some pictures of the TV and of us getting to watch it.
Thanks Boss....

No comments: