Monday, January 12, 2009

2009 Quilting

Finally got around to do some sewing... of my own. In the process of having time of my own (work shutdown and no babysitting), I took down the Christmas decorations (ALL of them-- usually keep up my Crinkle Claus collection), I finally decided to 'replace' my ottoman cover. It had been shredded on the corners by the cats (actually, just Tigger). Here's the culprit... looks innocent, doesn't he?

I wish now I'd taken a good picture of the 'before'. The only picture I have is one with my grandson Kai in it. (All four corners were like this)

Before........ After.

I decided to 'string' quilt it.... although I didn't have any foam pieces to pad it, so I used my scraps of batting. I couldn't use the upholstery tacks, so I used a staple gun. Works for me!

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

love the new cover--how cheery! And don't let the innocent look fool you, there's a WILD ANIMAL under there! LOL