Sunday, April 18, 2010

Such a Deal!...?

I took a break from sewing and took my hubby shopping for a mattress for us. We've been married for 13 yrs and our bed was mine when I was just divorced... 1990?... can't remember if it was a hand-me-down back then, so it's old and saggy and lumpy... and my shoulders hurt when I wake up and my hubby's hips hurt when he wakes up, so  ... since we came into some money, we're doing it right this time. I assume it will be the last time we buy one.
Anyway, Better Bedding had a nice set for $700.... then we went to Sleepy's.... BIG mistake, since we spent almost twice as much there (although the bed was made for us-- not a sleep number, just computerized for each side to be conditioned for us on our side of the bed). They doubled the 'rebate' that thay originally were gonna give us (we told them we found one we liked at BB)... and they couldn't give us free delivery (BB would have), nor free removal (BB would have), but since we asked if that could happen, they reduced the price of the set the amount of Delivery & Removal so that when they added it on, it looked like it would be free! It was still an Expensive set.... more than I almost was comfortable, but hubby was set on them (AND they were throwing in two $100 pillows that we'd been carrying around to try out beds with. Very comfy!
We slept on it last night for the first time and I'm not sure yet, even though it comfy to lay on, to sleep the whole night may take a little getting used to. VERY different from my old bed. I'm trying it with my old feather pillows tonight. Maybe that will be okay, til I get used to the bed.

No comments: