Monday, October 27, 2008
Since I rarely buy fabric, unless I just can't possibly work with what's in my stash, I decided to get some specific 'butterfly' fabric and a few fat quarters to go with it. Hey, I was good, I only bought 1.5 yds of it and it was on sale! Besides, I used plenty of my own stash for the 9-patches... And besides, look at the great selvedge for my selvedge quilt project!
My thought was to make an emergency quilt for Charlotte's Garden and one for our own Peace by Piece Quilters group that gives to local charities.I wanted to make something simple, so I took a variation of the book 9-Patch Pizazz! I made a strip set of three 'sherbert flavored fabrics (some batiks, some not)
I pinned them to my design wall and just randomly grabbed three different ones and put them together into 9-patches.
I threw them onto the wall....
Then took the leftovers and made a second top,
Voila! Two little girl quilts!