Monday, April 6, 2009

New photos!

Finally, a recent picture of me! I decided to let the gray come in, and I don't regret it. Maybe if I have to look for a job, I'll reconsider, but so far, so good. Maybe 'cause I don't have wrinkles yet, I am okay. But hey, I've been resisting the white hairs as they've been coming in since I was 25! (Thanks to my paternal gram...)

This is my selvedge quilt, up to the top stage.... at least the first one. I'm working on a pieced backing to put with it. I got the inspiration from Karen Griska's "Quilts from the Selvedge Edge", but I decided to not make small diamonds in the centers. Even after making the 16 foundation blocks, I still didn't like the 'large-ness' of the florals (foundation blocks). It wasn't until I found the sandy-colored border fabric, that I decided I loved it. The cornerstones were actual 'tests' of the selvedge process made out of 5" scrap foundation. I had to cut the borders (beige) in half so I could add the center diamonds in the borders.
This is the Bingo quilt, finally finished!! Mom added the gold binding (good job mom) and Julie helped hold it up for the photo. Not sure where this quilt will go, but it's ready for our charities. Laura M. quilted our 'angel wings' in the quilt. (Looks great, Laura!)
My grandson, Kai, finally let us finish 'buzzing' his hair!! I never saw a bot squiggle and squirm so much in a barber chair. Mom, Julie is relieved too! You are SO CUTE, Kai!!!!

2 comments:

Quilt Rat said...

Love that selvage quilt top! Can't wait to see it finished.

Selvage Quilter said...

Hi Nancy,
I love that selvage quilt and I'll feature it on the Selvage Blog on May 1st. Also, your tutorial is very cool!
Quilt Rat and I are showing up at all the same blogs! Hi to you!
Karen