Monday, April 6, 2009
selvedge quilt, up to the top stage.... at least the first one. I'm working on a pieced backing to put with it. I got the inspiration from Karen Griska's "Quilts from the Selvedge Edge", but I decided to not make small diamonds in the centers. Even after making the 16 foundation blocks, I still didn't like the 'large-ness' of the florals (foundation blocks). It wasn't until I found the sandy-colored border fabric, that I decided I loved it. The cornerstones were actual 'tests' of the selvedge process made out of 5" scrap foundation. I had to cut the borders (beige) in half so I could add the center diamonds in the borders.
This is the Bingo quilt, finally finished!! Mom added the gold binding (good job mom) and Julie helped hold it up for the photo. Not sure where this quilt will go, but it's ready for our charities. Laura M. quilted our 'angel wings' in the quilt. (Looks great, Laura!)
My grandson, Kai, finally let us finish 'buzzing' his hair!! I never saw a bot squiggle and squirm so much in a barber chair. Mom, Julie is relieved too! You are SO CUTE, Kai!!!!