Thursday, January 14, 2010

Resolution #1 and choices....

Okay, I'm ready to jump right in here.... This will be the UFO I decide to finish first. I don't think I've named this one yet. It was an experiment with a 9-patch, if I remember it correctly. I'll have to ask my Aunt Norma. She explained this block to me over the phone, which she learned in her guild mtg. the lighting on the camera didn't do it justice. It's beautiful jewel colors and the softest of greens. I love the swirls in the border fabric... Maybe "Jewels in the Sandbox".


As you can see, it's already pinned so what its the 'stall' factor, you ask? Well, I guess it was soo close to getting finished that I figured it would be nothing to leave it as it is, and slowly to the ties (I am rethinking the tie mode--- might quilt it by hand. Wait! If I do it by hand, will I think it's more involved and not get to starting that mode??? Probably.... Okay, I'll have to decide by this weekend.)
You see there is a methd to my madness.... If I post it, it will get done.  Maybe I should have added that to my resolutions? ... post it, it will get done...
And really, there is no one home tonight but hubby and I. (I really should be sanding that bathroom wall....). Hmm....


I also have a quilt our church group finished last mtg and I'm wondering if I should use this one for a gentleman at church who is very sick. He has a growth near his spine and may have to see a neurosurgeon. They have already had many numerous difficulties, financially, so maybe this is what I need to bring to church on Sunday. We only have two quilts in the donation pile that could qualify as 'male' quilts. This one is either way. Maybe I'll notify his wife and see if she thinks he'd like this one. the ties are etra long since we make them long enough to tie a prayer into them. They can be taken to doctor visits/hospital procedures where the doctors/ nurses/ visitors can tie a prayer into the knot in the tie. Then the person can get some comfort by the amounts of knots/prayers in each tie. They are called patchwork prayer quilts, but this is really a tied heartstring quilt to me. This was made by Anna R. of our church's quilt group

No comments: