Monday, April 21, 2008
I finally finished the top for Jen a girl with cancer and needed to make a backing for her oriental quilt. It really doesn't look like an oriental, but the flowers really were on oriental fabrics. Well, being a frugal Scotsman, I used what I had...(our motto for our Peace by Piece Quilters is "Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can and it will be enough"). So I figured out I'd make a REAL oriental backing for it and at least get in the black and gold. This is what I've come up with to work with.... I'll see what I can do this weekend. This is the backing I came up with.... This is the black binding on the outer edge of the front. BTW the flowers were really hard to 'read' as they looked green when I auditioned them with gray and they looked gray when I auditioned it with green.... The name of it just came to me... Jen's 'Geisha Garden'.