Wednesday, June 18, 2008

We're Back!!

Thanks to my lovely step-son Jason, we're back in business(computer wise)!!
The fact that I see a little blue bar moving and growing, across the bottom of my monitor, is a wonderful site(and the mouse isn't freezing!!- All I needed was to put a 'quilt' on it...LOL)
Finally, we have our quilt finished for our brain cancer victim!! Yippee!! Thanks to Janet G. for all your hard work... It's going to an 18-yr old with brain cancer, who likes racing cars (Nascar mode), fishing and golfing. Aren't these fabrics great??
This is the back of it, modeled by my lovely daughter in her scrubs...
Great fly fishing tackle box stuff! (My dad would have loved this quilt)
We also have finally put together a bunch of log cabin squares that I got in a swap with an old yahoo group I belonged to.
I think it was a great layout, but not sure what to do with the border/edges... This may go to wounded soldiers (QOVF-Quilts of Valor Foundation)
I have sent off 6 quilts to the LAQ who does our charity quilts, hopefully to have 3 returned back to us.
Mints on my Pillow/Nightshades, which was a collaberation of deep blues with stars on it-top and bottom row) and the middle rows with med blue and silver stars on it... different shades of blues (Nightshades) and the mint border and the 'starry centers' (Mints on my Pillow). Actually, I liked both names I just couldn't make up my mind! LOL
coming back...
Chocolate (sometimes nothing 'cute' happens when I name the quilts)...
donation...
Heart Stopper (who ended up with hearts in four places to hide the really off corners-HA!, and we purposefully didn't add the additional 2 hearts (Stopped short) towards the top-Janet's masterpiece).
donation...
Sage Stripes (a 1/2" stripe on the back, due to the fact that the fabric on the back had a faded area where the fold was, so we covered it with a sage stripe-- we didn't want to take up any more fabric in a seam allowance with a 'tuck')... don't remember....

No comments: