Saturday, December 6, 2008

Back to quilting!... sort of...

Well, I must get into the sewing room, if nothing more to at least make my DGD's pillowcases. I wrap their gifts in them (actually stuff them) for each gift giving occasion. I ran out of really good kids material for the bodies (yes, I REALLY did..... and besides I had a gift certificate I never spent for $50.00-- might as well use it up), so I went to Clover Hill Quilts .
I picked up a few really cute fabrics and only had to throw in $11 extra. GREAT bargain! And I plan to make something from most all that I bought. It was nice to see Lisa Salonia is the new owner!! Congrats on the purchase of the store. Good Luck, sweetie...
I bought some really interesting material that made me name the quilt before I even have the other fabrics picked out..... "Rainy Days and Mondays". I'll post a photo of that one later....
I even made a few bags for the prizes (our quilting group at church is having a quilt bingo game on Monday), made a few extra bingo cards in case someone forgets theirs.....
then decided to organize the Xmas fabrics neatly before putting them away
Check out the clock in my sewing room. I got it in Zoinks in Boston.

It's perfect for the mood I'm in while sewing.... I don't what time it is. It's my 'peaceful zone"...

But now 'Squirt' is home and I have to sneak back to the sewing room. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to work instead of keeping him out of "Santa's workshop" aka my sewing room.