Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day....Happy?

I should learn not to be opinionated... but that's me. I love spending time with my grandson, Kai, and we always have a blast, but I wish my daughter would play more with him. I don't think I do it because she DOESN'T have energy or time (she works at 4:30am ...and wants to crash WAY earlier than HE does). I really enjoy my grandkids. But once I 'play' (outside or inside), I end up feeling resentment that SHE doesn't do the fun things with him that I do, and I don't get other stuff done for myself!
I love her, but I want her to 'be the mom', not me. And I know it's hard living in the same house... if I don't see her doing something (meals, play, diaper, etc), I tend to do it myself (I think that makes me an enabler- Dammmmm!). I voice my opinion for her to 'do her job and BE A MOM!", and it invariably gets a tad heated. She really needs to start saving money and get her own place (but that doesn't mean I won't worry that she'll never do anything different).
Somehow that put a damper on this Mother's day, as she needed to take the little one with her and drive off to 'cool off' before she said something she'd regret. Oh poop!

No comments: