Saturday, February 16, 2008
Progress on the Fish quilt
I had a great discussion with my DIL Diana regarding a baby shower (when, who was giving it) for my step-daughter, Amber and realized that I needed to put some time into the baby quilt I'm making for her. (See I always tend to do this thing called 'wait until the last possible moment to move on a project'-- was still sewing my prom dress the night before the prom, was still sewing my bridesmaid dresses the night before I got married, etc)
Well, I'm getting better with age.... Here I have some pictures of Amber's quilt in progress.
cutting the 4-patch apart and inserting the 'fins'
...Well, I've decided to short-cut it, by sewing the 'fins' to the complete block with an eighth inch seam, instead of cutting it into quarters, first.
then fold it the other way and sew my 1/4" seam, unfold and Voila!
Okay, it is a bit thick with the 'fold' there, so I may slip my tiny scissors in to split the fold in half. Now it will look as if I never folded and sewed, rather cut and sewed. It looks like the fish are 'hiding' under their fins.
I have them all tagged (row and block numbers), so when I get the seams all split, I'll start putting the rows together. I have lots of leftover 'fins', so I'll eventually put them as prairie points in the border. Stashbusters has taught me a thing or two!